Saqr Port and Free Zone’s huge annual cargo-handling capacity, coupled with it’s ability to berth the word’s largest cargo ships, makes it the key gateway in the supply chain for the majority of construction projects in the Middle East Region.
• Massive cargo handling capacity, with Saqr Port and Free Zone alone being capable of handling in excess of 100 million tonnes of cargo annually.
• Can accommodate the world’s largest cargo ships via availability of 2 x capesize berths.
• All types of materials can be handled - ranging from all types of cargo for the construction and related industries, plus a wide variety of project cargo.
• Extremely quick and efficient vessel turnaround, supported by our large fleet of mobile harbor cranes, ship loaders, dock loaders, telescopic cranes and other equipment.
• Direct access to one of the world’s largest limestone quarries which is the principal supplier of construction materials for the Middle East region.
• RAK Ports has recently invested in excess of $250 million in expanding and enhancing its cargo handling operations.
• Strategic location at the entrance of the Arabian Gulf, where 35% of the world’s seaborne oil passes through and providing excellent access to international markets.
• Cargo operations meet all internationally recognized standards and accreditations.